Earlier this year our nation succumbed to the COVID-19 pandemic, leading to a Canada-wide state of emergency and the temporary closing of New Shanghai Barbershop.
As of May 14th, the Government of BC, in combination with WorkSafeBC, announced a reopening schedule for businesses across the province. It is our civic duty to reduce the further spread of COVID-19 and to ensure everyone’s safety when coming to our shop.
Effective June 1st 2020, we will be implementing the following procedures that meet the guidelines of WorkSafeBC. Please continue reading carefully, the following information will ensure that you are prepared for your upcoming appointment.
New Shanghai Barbershop will re-open gradually with the following safety measures in place.
- To control the amount of people in the shop, we will only accept online booking.
- Everyone will be temperature checked with a non-contact thermometer and provided with hand sanitizer before entry.
- Masks will be mandatory for all clients and staff.
- Clients will be directed to their designated seating which is clearly outlined on our floor plan to assist with social distancing, (6ft or 2m apart).
- All tools, equipment, and surfaces including chairs will be cleaned and sanitized with appropriate disinfectants between each service.
- No magazines or refreshments will be available for the time being.
THIS IS IMPORTANT! We have allocated time to sanitize tools and stations between clients without running behind or compromising our commitment to maintaining occupancy levels. You can greater assist us in keeping everyone safe by arriving prepared, and adhering to the following:
- Please arrive 10 minutes BEFORE your appointment.
- Visit the ATM ahead of schedule and arrive with exact currency.
- Plan around traffic and parking if you are travelling for your appointment.
- We recommend that you arrive with your hair washed and not wear any hats or head-gear which will flatten or crease your hair prior to your appointment.
- Masks must be worn before entering.
- Hand sanitizer is supplied upon arrival and you are welcome to wash your hands inside before and after your service.
- Our shop capacity is a maximum of 10 people and we ask you kindly to attend your appointment alone; leave your friends and family at home.
- If you are feeling any symptoms of COVID-19 or anything else unusual, we ask that you cancel your booking and reschedule your appointment a minimum of 14 days thereafter.
As for barbers, and any professionals in their field, it is their civic duty to keep their practise and the community around them safe.
- Barber Stations are staggered 6ft apart, allowing for social distancing.
- Barbers will properly disinfect and sterilize all tools, equipment, and surfaces to meet WorkSafeBC and Beauty Council standards between each service.
- Hands must be washed after each service and cleaning cycle, and before each new client.
- Masks must be worn at all times.
- One-time-use items such as capes and neck strips will be properly disposed of and replaced between each service.
- If barbers are having any symptoms of COVID-19, it is mandated for them to remain home until they are confirmed to be in good health.
New Shanghai Barbershop Is now open and will strictly adhere to the policies and procedures that meet the guidelines of WorkSafeBC and the Government of British Columbia. Please follow our social media channels for more information and to coordinate your upcoming appointment.
- We have extended all appointments to 1 hour and limited the amount of bookings per day to reduce traffic inside the shop.
- We will NOT be offering any facial hair services until we have cleared our introductory phase and feel safe doing so.
- If you arrive early, we ask for you to wait outside or in your car until we think it is safe to enter.
- CANCELLATIONS / MISSED APPOINTMENTS. We have a strict 24-Hour policy; if you miss or must cancel your appointment, you are to do so at least 1 day in advance. If you are unable to do so, please expect to pay the full amount for any service you missed as our appointments are understandably in high demand during this period.
- Pre-payments are available online through our booking system.